- John Coltrane is the most admired musician because of his talent and creativity in music. He was the most rentless and exploratory musician in history of jazz music. He always searched and sought to take his music to great heights. He viewed this as a spiritual quest, although his quest was late to be recognized by the public. He also had an influence to other artist who had interest in jazz music.
- Miles Davis is the most admired musician because of his development of improvisational techniques. Miles like other few jazz musicians, has influenced the works of other musicians, making then to rise to greater heights. He is also known for recording Kind of Blue, which one of the best albums. Also, when he realized that jazz music was being replaced by rock, he decided to maintain it by performing his music with an electronic band. His music has lived to inspire other musicians even after his death.
- During this class, I enjoyed learning the history of jazz music, how it is related to the other types of music and the contributions of the earlier musicians to jazz music. Jazz music has been identified with the other categories of music like, rock, classics and Indian music. The instruments that are used are pianos, flutes, keyboards among others, these instruments provide rhythm to the music.
- In this class, I did not learn more about the contribution of Jazz music to the society. Each form of art has a role to the community and this includes informing the community, keeping the community in check on their morals and as well as giving suggestion on how to improve the society’s way of living. More of what I have learnt is about how jazz music entertains the people in the society.
- The information I have gained on Jazz music would help me to know what worked better for the jazz music before and what did not work. This would help me in improving the jazz music in future. For instance, the type of instruments they used earlier like the piano and the rhythms used in jazz music still need improvement to make music more enjoyable by the new generation. Jazz music need not to lose its identity, it has been identified with rock and other music, and this might be dangerous for its identity as time goes by.
- This course can be improved by learning some aspects of music practically, for instance going for concerts to watch live performance. This would make learning more practical. The students could also be divided in groups and then asked to compose jazz song and prepare live bands the way jazz bands are suppose to be prepared. This will help them to remember what they have learnt more than when they only read about them in books.